Dream Leader Training
This two-year course is for Therapists, Clergy and Individuals who wish to lead dream groups or enhance their therapeutic skills. The purpose of this training program is four-fold:
- To train and certify people to lead church and community dream groups
- To help professionals and others to integrate dreamwork into their chosen vocation
- To enhance and encourage responsible dreamwork across the nation
- To help recover the ancient Biblical tradition of listening for God’s word for us in our nightly dreams
The church has long known of somnia a Deo (dreams sent from God).C.G. Jung
Every local church should have the availability of a prayer group, seminars on how to pray, healing services, healing groups, and a dream group.Morton Kelsey
There are three four-day weekend intensives per year in residence at Kanuga Conference Center, Hendersonville, NC. The remainder is distance learning. Entry times are Feb. 1 and August 1 of each year.
THE PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR
Therapists who wish to enhance their therapeutic skills; parishioners, lay leaders, and clergy who wish to lead church dream groups; community group leaders who wish to learn dream group skills; and those who wish to go deeper into the dream world.
The major portion of each intensive is spent in teaching/dialogue with faculty and Dream Practicum Groups with faculty support. There are also socials, videos, dramas, demonstrations, sharing, Dream Theatre, relaxation and fun in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina.
THE PROGRAM INCLUDES
- The History of Dreams
- Dream Symbolism
- Individual Dream Work
- Group Dream Work
- The Use of Dreams in Therapy, Spiritual Guidance, and Vocational Discernment
- The Basics of Jungian Psychology
- Dream Research
- Majoring in an Aspect of the Dream where Participant’s Energy is High
- Reading and Reports in the Broad Field of Dreams
- Individuation Work with a Dream Counselor
- Training in Dream Group Leadership
Those who successfully complete the program will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Teaching and Certification
Methods of teaching include: Didactic, Experiential, Case Study, Dialogical and Meditative. A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion. CEU’s available (NBCC and NASW).
Dream Leader Training Faculty
Faculty members are some of the best in dreamwork from across the nation. Two faculty, Bob Haden and Diana McKendree, are normally at all intensives. The other faculty rotate for given intensives. The intent is for participants to experience the entire faculty.
- Bob Haden
- Jeremy Taylor
- Diana McKendree
- Robert Hoss
- Keith Parker
- Cathy Smith Bowers
- Heidi Darr-Hope
- Joyce Rockwood Hudson
- Chelsea Wakefield
- Jerry Wright
- Gary Sparks
- Susan Sims Smith
Learn more about our faculty.
Cost - beginning 2012
- Application Fee: $100 (non-refundable)
- Tuition: $2020 per year (due in equal payments of $505)
- Room & Board for each Intensive (2012 rates - $383 for a double room and $512 for a single room)
Travel Directions to Kanuga